Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's not just an ordinary Sunday

I'll try to say it all as short but as detail as possible. I just woke up from a short nap and still feel like sleeping though. Brain wasn't functioning properly and I don't think I can study or do any homework now.

Anyway, I had my TOEFL test this morning. 4 hours of sleep wasn't really enough but I guess I'm used to it already. Because I was "watching" FA Cup final the night before. And Chelsea won. :)


Thanks Hiddink! For your 4 month stay and bringing back the form of Drogba and Malouda! And of course, the FA cup!


Alright. The test starts at 9. First section, Reading. After 60 mintues of reading and answering some very scientific based questions, something like EST, I thought I had finished, not knowing that there will be another 40 minutes of reading again.

Felt happy because I thought the first section was over. Saw the screen.

(Another section appeared with the time of 40 minutes and counting down)

Raised my hand. Waved my hand. (Where's the kakak???) And I looked outside, she spotted me.

Me: How long is this section going to be? I thought it's 60 min?
She: I'm not sure.
Me: But the tutorial says 60 min only. Why another 40 min? How many questions are there supposed to be?(Clock still ticking)
She: Wait. I go check.


(few seconds later)


She: Sorry ah, I don't know how long it's going to be. I didn't take TOEFL before. I think you should continue.
Me: (what the.. you don't know?) OK.


My eyes were hurting. Too many words for reading. 100 minutes of reading and I felt sleepy. Done with the section. Then, Listening. It was boring. Somehow lost concentration someway through the conversation. Had my 10 minutes break.

Signed in. Sit down. And start the Speaking section. Some questions were tough but somehow managed to mumbled it through. LOL. Talked, stopped, continued, and stopped. And here's the interesting part. Writing section!

Task was to read a short passage and listen to a lecture then began to write a summary. Just as the lecture was about to finish...

*blackout* / *electricity ran out* /*people starting shouting, cursing*

time: 1230 afternoon.
my objective: 500 words from finishing the test.

She:Students please calm down. We will try to find out the cause and try to fix it. Please do not talk to each other. All your works are saved, don't worry.
Some guy: Shit man.


I wasn't that pissed off. Because I haven't start writing yet. :)
But I'm about to blow, when she said this:

"Students, if the situation still remain like this until 1330, I'm afraid you guys have to reschedule your test."
Me:"Which means, we have to strat all over again?"
She:"Yes."

Holy. I don't want to waste another 5 hours of my life doing this stupid test.

Anyway, some of us asked for reschedule. but for those who waited, the electricity was ok and we continued.

Finished. The longest test ever. 9am - 3pm. Break: 10 mintues, and 1 hour of waiting and starving.

Reached home:5 pm.

zzzzZ

No comments:

Post a Comment