Monday, May 18, 2009

The flu that haunts

Ok. Let's just say that I'm so frustrated and fried up. Some say desperate.

So, I ended up clicking here and there looking for some news about the flu that haunts everyone. I read the paper few weeks ago saying that this flu will infect 1/3 of the global population within 1 year. Which means around 2 billion? Ratio of 2 in 6 people will get infected. Now we've got 2 confirm cases in Malaysia. Both are students traveled back from US for summer break.

According to Wikipedia, confirmed cases are around 8000+ and 50+ were confirmed dead. So when you calculate it by ratio to that of the 1/3 population and divide it by the countries in the world, it isn't that deadly after all. Or is it?

So far the Spanish flu that kills 50 million of the 500 million infected individuals back in 1918-1919 was the worst that I've come across in my so-called research. And guess what? I found a website that generates the confirmed cases in different states of US. The link: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/04/27/us/20090427-flu-update-graphic.html

Most of the states are infected, most notably Illinois with 487. States that most of us going: Minnesota 7, Nebraska 13, Oklahoma 14, Iowa 43, New York 190, Wisconsin 384 and etc. Well, I'll give myself some time to think about the transfer though.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment