Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ticking

Every seconds the clock ticks, I feel that I have lesser and lesser time to study. But distractions are too great. Life would be easier if there's no computers? No wonder people back then have great memories.

SIGH.

I'm a bit lazy this semester. Could have done better. Now I just have to try my best. Hoping for 2As. And sometimes I think, wouldn't it be easier if we're not that Confucianism-ed? In terms of memorizing and more memorizing and more exams of getting good grades. For some people, life would be easy if they get more As. For others, as long as you're happy with how you're living your life right now, no matter what you get for exams, you'll still be happy. So, for me, let me be the one who stuck at the middle. 2As and 2Xs results? LOL.

I'm almost done with my ART studio exercise. Not 100% satisfy. Mr Bad told me, even some of the best artists did not satisfy with their works until they're dead and rolling in the grave. Here's my work: 95% done. :)

Executive status: Car and gadgets

In case you have no idea what on earth have I painted(my mum can't even see it), at the bottom there's a car, top right corner is a watch, and top left corner supposed to be a Windows mobile. It's overlapping with each other.

The procedure goes like this:
1) Paint the 1st layer (the lightest color in the center) throughout the whole painting.
2) Paint 2nd layer over the 1st layer in some of the triangles. (real colors of the objects)
3) and Paint color rays on top of the 1st layers. (I chose red and yellow)
4) Choose a frame and finish up the last and 3rd layer. The theme is precisionism and purism, something metallic and glassy. And the final work should look 3D and real. I think I did quite good. Because it looks good from a distance. LOL.

I have 2 more hours to finish up. Left some touch ups to do then I'm done. A- for ART105??

Ok. Let's put study aside for now. What about some of the daily life activities? For example, talking. Is talking too much counted as sociable? I talk much, we all do, but my social skill is still quite poor. And I'm going to US soon (actually 1/2-1 more year. LOL) , so I've got to learn to be more socialize! Which means, talk more! :D

But sometimes too sociable isn't that good. Is it? I don't know. But there's a point of why being so talkative, in terms of knowing more people. For me, having more friends and knowing more people, means I have different friends in different fields. Who knows you might need their help someday. I went to college cell group-Christians who meet up and have a gathering, every Friday, and guess what? I make 3 new friends with 3 different major. One who works for finance, another who's going for the career of a pilot, and another major in marketing which got scholarship for University of Missouri-Kansas city.

How did he get the scholarship which worth 12k USD per year? Besides getting good results, have to participate actively outside college. He's a state player, a coach, worked for Sunway, in marketing, a student committee, a church choir and etc. He's not more than 21 years old. So, he got accepted, with an entrance essay on "what do you think is the issue that the people is facing now and give solutions for it". Well, I shouldn't be thinking of scholarship. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment