Thursday, July 9, 2009

My philosophy results

I've been waiting for this results like forever. I studied 2 chapters (out of 4 chapters which were coming out). The test was still OK. I managed to finish it. And finally Mr Eric uploaded our marks( after 2 weeks?) but through an excel file. I downloaded the file and have a look.

There's only our ID and marks. And the first person on the list got 40. The whole page is just full of numbers. I don't even know what was the full marks. For a second, I thought I got 29. Because I saw "59" in the ID. I was stunned. For a moment. And only found out that it wasn't me. I checked properly, I got 38. I couldn't remember what's the total marks of the paper. All I know is that, "who else got higher than me?".

3 students scored 40; 1 scored 41. Our class has 46 students. And I realized that it's a total of 50 marks. It's not very good for me to get 38/50. But consider that I just studied 2 chapters, hehehehe :p

Anyway, it's still feel good. Because I'm in top 5. Kinda proud. So, I checked online for the ID in the "my classmates" section. As I expected, these 4 people are exactly those who scored high marks.

Today I was mumbling and complaining about how people like Kee, Kahxin and Khaivenn were studying. And I was having meeting. (A bit kiasuness). BoonHan said to me, "you're not competing with others. So what if you get A? Next time I earn a lot and drive nice cars and you get your A so what?"

True. As long as I did my best. I'm happy already. I learned that the the only reason behind getting highest mark is to show off. Well, kinda. When people ask you about your score, you can proudly to say that, "I got X". Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment