Monday, November 23, 2009

And so, another week has gone.

I am that close of getting my US visa done. Tomorrow will be going for the interview. It's so stressful that I barely had a good sleep these days. Been rolling on the bed for some freaking hours before calling Miss Stressie and released all to her. I don't know why I always have to call her during midnight. Maybe she's one of those "midnight people" that I assume stays awake for most of the time?

Last week has been awesome. Some of them just got so many plans and so many friends to hang out with, while some of them were rotting, getting visas done and so on. I prefer to go out on alternate days. Something like Monday,Wednesday,Friday for outing where the rest of the days just hanging out with mushrooms.
I like to meet new people. For me, getting to know more people from different backgrounds can be interesting. But people always leave and that's a sad fact isn't it?


Had a movie marathon on last Monday. First on the list was Phobia 2 with Amanduh. I can't remember when was the last time I watched a horror movie (a Thai horror) in the cinema. It was supposed to be scary but if you watch it from another perspective on how the crews applied special effects or make ups on the character, it is not that scary afterall. Amanduh has got her hair straightened and it looks better I guess. No wonder something is different with her. Didn't notice till Jerry told me. LoL.
Next was Fourth Kind. Jerry joined us in this movie because he's not into horror genre for Phobia 2. Fourth Kind was quite boring and slow pace. The couple behind us was snoring. I almost fall asleep though.


Midnight went to mamak with Lucos alone. We chatted for almost 3 hours. This is what happens when 2 talkative guys are seated together. Guys talk konon. Sadly we never really hang out much during the early days. LoL. But it's good to know a person so much in that few hours. This is where u start to categorize a person from "acquaintance" to "friend".

Wednesday, went to Redbox with some of my high school friends. Thanks to the phlegm that got stuck up in the cavity, I can't sing no more. That's a very sad situation. Nothing much happened other than some chit chatting. Went to have dinner with Ben and Garrick before we watch Funny People over Garrick's.


You know it's a great movie when there's Adam Sandler. This movie even featured Eminem and some other stars.



The highlight of the week has got to be the trip to Sunway Lagoon. It was like a last minute thing. I was chatting with Puimun the other night and she kindly invited me. I mean, we all know there are different kind of friends (just friend close friend best friend not even friend and i think we are friend). I knew it was gonna be awkward as I am not close with the rest of the group. I don't even know who's going but "why not?".


top: asses for sale. bottom: nicely timed group picture with roller coaster on the right!


2 cameras but 1 was out of battery (before the whole thing started). And somehow, as always, I had to be the one who snaps all the shots. Sounds sad. But good thing was that I get to explore and learn more about my camera.


And for the first time, I got into the pool so far away from the land. I couldn't swim. I couldn't even float. Last time we went to Pangkor, that was nightmare. You don't ask me to go 1 feet further than the beach. The most I could take was the water level as high as my knee and that's it. Not that I don' trust Ryan (ex-aquatic club president). But we've got lifeguards, an enclosed area, and a 1.5m sign which gave me the sence of security in Sunway Lagoon.

The Chicas


And for the first time, I felt a sense of accomplishment (even though I was forced into it). All of them were already far gone before I even step into the pool. Gotta take off my shirt. Damn. Tummy tummy oh my tummy. We were playing "monkey" in the pool. 6 of the girls were the monkey while 4 of us guys cornered them and we're the throwers/recievers. Poor DJ gotta checked on the girls all time because it seemed like we're the only group who entertained him. Songs were being played and we were having this so called "pool clubbing" and dance around. Water level as high as neck. Feels good!


When Flo Rida's Right Round is being played, we all in a circle gotta dip into the pool together when the lyric goes "when you go down when you go down down". It was great. Meeting some of the new people. All of us felt comfortable. At least I felt comfortable with them, I don't know how they felt about me. LoL.


I mean, they do keep insisting having my pictures taken instead of me taking pictures of them.


These bunch of people are nice to mix with but I don't think I can click with them. As what Ryan told me earlier, we're considered as the not so wild type. Maybe the nerd gang. It got to be a nerd gang when most of us got at least USD7k for scholarship right? hahaha.

The mixture of 3 Klang yaos along with the bakkuttehness (the Kopi yao, the oh-so-into-korea-pop yao and the ham yao) and the Klang girl who wears like a lady, a hardcore yet mysterious gamer from Cheras, a lousy dancer with a super math brain, a househusband with good football skills, a forever looks stress girl, a naughty and little wild girl with something too big for her size, a nerd who studies so much yet still can party like Paris Hilton(scandalous ) and me, the forever photograhper. :(

This is what makes us family.

1 comment: