Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday the 4th


A day where I started off with badminton with friends @ 3K. It was a weird timing for doing sports around 1:45pm. Also, glad to got a message which informed me that ICSJ Film Club is officially approved. At least I got something to work on during this semester.


The badminton session was fun. I did not play badminton for years. But still find it fun especially you have people like YannHuoy around the court who laughed more than actually doing the sports. And KahXin the "sports woman" of the year. Pros like Boon and Khaivenn. Semi Pros like Chew, Kahwei, Ryan, and Thongyang. Not So Pro like Fangkai. And lastly, Not Pro but still got future like ME!!

Got back home and got ready for a screening @ P1 wimax building. Garrick won some "get your answer right" competition and got to bring me as the guest. We were lost as we did not know how to go there but somehow we ended there before time! Got our tickets, had our dinner, and got ourselves sat in the auditorium. Just after a short introduction, the screening began. With all the 15Malaysia short films being shown, I am rather grateful for being there. It was such an awesome experience. Lucky enough to have Garrick there because he knows a lot about local film directors and movies.


Some of the directors there were: Linus Chong (House), Ho Yuhang (Potong saga), and Benji&Bahir (Meter). Some of the casts were there as well. We had the privilege to see all the 15 short films. For your information, only 7 of them were released. So, we are lucky enough to watch the unreleased ones. I particular like this few films: Meter (released on 9Sep); Healthy Paranoia (released 14Sep); Halal; and Slovak Sling.


Please visit 15Malaysia and spend minutes just to watch these local short films. All are great, some are hilarious, some left you wonder what happens next and etc. I am astonished and in awe of how all these directors interpreted Malaysia in their own ways. These films are totally original and creative. You can never see all these in your life before for real.


All the 15 films are accepted and will be exhibited in Korea for a showcase. Please make sure you follow this site and have a click on the ones I mentioned above. It is hilarious. I almost laughed until my lungs came off from my throat. But unfortunately, did not get the chance to take a snap with local directors.


Overall I had a great experience. It's just that I will be taking filming as an interest. And, I shall together with some fellas build a strong platform for ICSJ Film Club so it will have a great future ahead. Do come and support us yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment