Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine's Day

Perhaps, it wasn't the perfect Valentine's Day that I ever had. But it was a special one. Both Plan A and B did not work out. Plan C came out of nowhere and it seemed to be a memorable one. Don't you think it's a bit just-another-date if you go out with him/her for a movie and walk around the mall, then have lunch/dinner together in a very crowded place and the only difference is just that you may have a bunch of roses and gifts on your hand? It makes Valentine's Day just another day isn't it?

A 10 minutes walk under the 1430 sun was not the best option. *thanks to mum who got the car away* We settled down at the nearest mamak as girlfriend requested what would be her choice of having a lunch. Along with her brother. And the Indian songs with the lousy sounds. Took taxi back to her house. And say, "Hi popo! ... "

Waited for her to get shower and played MatchAttax with Lionnel(brother). Won 3-2. Gave her Valentine's gifts. Her favourite no nuts FamousAmos cookies, some FerreroRoche chocolate, and a watch. Even though it might be one of the lowest 3digits watches, but I personally think it'd look great on her. *thanks to boon and kahwei for some very USEFUL opinions* And it did look great on her. *thanks to lionnel for being the bulb/guitarist while we open the gifts together. some nice plucking and Richard Marx's right here waiting for you*

lionnel! nice music! darling looks blur with the smallest rose ever!

shy

legs

Then off we started our movie, in my laptop, in the living room, watching Slumdog Millionaire-which swoops 58 awards in less than a month and stay #34 at Top250 movies of all time, before the dvd got stuck in 10th minutes, before the girlfriend's father came back from golf. "Hi uncle! Happy Valentine's Day! ... "


Switched to Underdog. We laughed. And before the movie ends, what do you say when you see the girlfriend's mother coming back from work? "Hi auntie! Happy Valentine's Day! ... "

Finished movie. What next? Revolutionary Road, another award winning movie. Before we took our dinner-McDelivery- with grandmother, except for parents who went for their anniversary dinner. She said I was a shy boy. I just know that I'm scared, of seeing the grandmother! haha.

Time to go back. Forgot to give her a kiss on the cheek. Damn. Forgot to take pictures together. Damn. Forgot to say the last time of "Darling I love you Happy Valentine's." sigh.

Alot of things are going on in my mind right now. First, it might be not fair or I have no rights to say this. But sometimes I just don't understand why 90% of singles feel sad in 14/02. Jealousy, envy, unsatisfactory? Just check on the status in Facebook! Some people even claim this day to be the Self Awareness Day, abbreviated S.A.D.? Yes I know I'm selfish, or I'm lucky to have a girlfriend. But being single is not that bad afterall, save some penny and maybe your time just hasn't come yet. I prefer to call it as Friendship Day where you get to celebrate with your friends. At least sounds better than Single Day or whatever S.A.D. People like X, I salute her the most. When asked whether she's sad or what, she just doesn't give a damn and said, I'm going to a party for singles!

If you want her, work your way and get her. If you want him, get his number and attention. Advice: 1) Be yourself, the real you, the original one 2) Money is not a problem if it's what you call as love 3) Don't be too desperate and rush if you want him/her to be with you for a long time 4) Search for love just like Finding Nemo

For friends who are offended with what I said, I'm sorry. But I'm just expressing my feelings. Because I do feel moody now. Writing with a moody feeling over some stuff which I think it's best to keep it yourself than expressing it.

It's ending soon in approximately 1.25 hours. So what? It's just another day where some people feel happy, sad, or nothing. Where some people propose to her, get married, argue, divorce or pass away. It's just a day. A Saturday.

Olive You!

No comments:

Post a Comment