Monday, December 7, 2009

Life

Something terrible happened yesterday makes me realise that life is indeed short. We do not have the power to control how long we get to live. Even if we have such authority, would you want to know when will you die?

An ex-schoolmate of mine has passed away. 20 years of age. Even though I am not very close to him, we've spoken for a few times. He was my sister's friend's brother. A lively guy who loved to played basketball. A good brother who loved his sisters. It's such a sad story because he was about to graduate. Not only that, he was the eldest and the only son in that family. We all couldn't understand why does this happen to him. Of all the 5 people, he was the only who got struck by lightning in this bloody monsoon. But I am sure that he has brought happiness to everyone in his life. You will be missed. RIP.

I try to hold my tears but sometimes I just feel like letting it out. Just try to imagine, if I were about to come home, walking down the rainy street after sports and then I got struck and I am gone forever, out of contact with anyone else. Would I feel a thing? Would I feel good that actually the last thing I've done on earth was doing the thing that I love - football? Or would I feel regret for hurting the people around me and not saying "sorry" or "I love you" to all my love ones. I don't know. Life is short. Life is not a playground, it's a battleground. And after this incident, it makes me stronger and not to give up easily. Sometimes people try to end their lives because they think it's too hard for them to handle. But they should think of those people that do not stand a chance to control their lives and appreciate every moment that they have.

To all my friends, if I have ever hurt you in any way, I am really sorry. I wish that sometimes I could hold back the words that I've said, or the actions that I've taken. I love everyone of you out there.

This is my 111th post. For you, my friend. My condolences to the Tan family. This will not be easy but stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment